Welcome to The Best Kitchen Knife Sets
A site for you to learn about the best Kitchen Knife Sets for your kitchen.
Once you’ve selected the kitchen knife set for your needs, you’ll be happy you took the time.
So, let’s try to determine what you’ll be comfortable with. By comfortable I mean good fit for function to satisfy ergonomics and affordable, something that will fit your budget.
Good kitchen knives will make your prep work a whole lot more enjoyable. If it feels good, do it.
Considerations for Your Best Kitchen Knife Set
- Are there people in the household that would leave a good knife in the sink or in the dishwasher (please don’t do that by the way, the damage can be permananent and costly) then you should consider blades that aren’t prone to corrosion.
- If you’re not into honing a blade (not familiar with honing, I’ll get into that later) then you might want to consider “low maintenance” blades.
- You may not want a complete 18 or 19 piece set?
- Do you really need 10 steak knives?
Pretty safe to say, most of us want good quality blades but don’t want to break the bank. Chances are you could get away with a 3 or 4 piece set.
Best Kitchen Knife Set Starter Choices
- Chef’s Knife or Santoku Knife (All Purpose – cutting, chopping, dicing, mincing & slicing)
- Paring Knife (peeling, trimming, cutting smaller pieces of food)
- Serrated Knife (bread, tomatoes, cakes and other squishy fruits)
- Utility Knife (all purpose blade for handling/cutting smaller pieces where a Chef’s Knife might be too big)
A Few More Considerations for Your Best Kitchen Knife Set
Be aware the different styles of knives, for example the Chef’s Knife and Japanese Santoku Knife. Both excellent all around knives and work horse in the kitchen. But two different styles in appearance and functionality.
There’s a little bit more to consider when you’re looking for a decent set of blades to suit your style.
This post will give you an idea of which Kitchen Knives or Sets will work best for you.
Here at The Best Kitchen Knife Sets we want to provide you with the information to make this process a little more stream lined. We’d love to receive any comments or suggestions you may have.
Please keep in mind, this site is fresh out of the gates, a work in progress. So please bookmark and come back often.
Founder of The Best Kitchen Knife Sets